College swim team

Former Member
Former Member
ok so i am starting college and I am going to be on the team. so my problem is that I have not swum for 2 year and it was only for summer teams and when I did like 90% of the guys wear jammer. I just wanna know what kind of suit I should wear to practice and to meets. as in jammer or briefs, and why. I just don't wanna walk in and be the only guy wearing that suit. thanks for your help
  • ok so i am starting collage and am going to be on the team. so my problem is that I have not swam for 2 year and it was only for summer teams and when i did like 90% of the guys wear jammer. i just wanna know what kind of suit i should wear to practice and to meets. as in jammer or briefs, and why. i just don't wanna walk in and be the only guy wearing that suit. thanks for your help UT College men usually wear briefs in practice. They sometimes "suit up" and wear jammers in practice or meets. They always wear jammers in taper meets Many college teams provide suits for their athletes.
  • The first step in your college career may be learning to spell the word "college."
  • The first step in your college career may be learning to spell the word "college." :lmao:Geez, Kirk, why stop there? How about suggesting he uses an "I" instead of an "i" to begin a sentence? I could add a lot more, but I will spare wenzelt. Hey, wenzelt, good luck in your college career! :D
  • I said "first step" Elaine. One step at a time!
  • If you are on the college swim team, the college will provide to you the proper team/competition suit. Practice suits are usually swimmer's choice. I recommend to practice in a suit similar to what you will compete in. I my experience (male) college swimmer's and (male) water polo players all wear briefs, none wear jammers. You're overthinking it. Whatever type of swimsuit that college team wore last Semester, they will be wearing the next Semester. If you want to worry about something worry about your workout sessions, qualifying times, and swim meets. Club Teams are not so lucky they have to purchase their own equipment, swimsuit, etc.
  • Sorry, but I can't help but add (second step maybe) it is not "I have not swam", but "I have not swum". However, you are not alone in getting swim, swam and swum mixed up on this forum.
  • Nevermind what to wear. Just bring your scissors, glue, and a stack of old magazines. :D
  • Nevermind what to wear. Just bring your scissors, glue, and a stack of old magazines. :D OMG, too funny!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    They will probably all be wearing briefs. Almost all higher level male swimmers practice in briefs and only wear jammers at meets.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    hahah ya Sorry hey about the spelling errors I posted it late last night and really didn't look at it.