Masters club - Hollywood, California

Former Member
Former Member
It looks like I may be in Hollywood, November 21st -23rd. Waiting for confirmation. I'd like to stay for a couple of weeks or so. Could someone recommend a good masters club where I could train when I'm there please. Thanks.
  • I swam with West Hollywood Aquatics Masters for a week a couple of years ago. They were very friendly, welcoming, and accessible. Link >> West Hollywood Aquatics Masters
  • Also, there's a great Masters' team at UCLA (www.recreation.ucla.edu/bruinmasters) and, depending upon where you're staying, your transportation and desire to move around, SCAQ - http://www.swim.net/scaq.cfm - has a huge number of workouts at a variety of pools in the greater LA area. In a pinch, if you need a lap swimming place, check out Westwood Community Pool (www.laparks.org/.../westwoodPool.htm). It is basic, but cheap and was nicely setup for SCM when I was there this summer.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    Thanks. Just what I’m looking for. I’ll get in touch.
  • You need to re-think your swim plan. Chapman University is not in Los Angeles County, its in Orange County. The closest Masters Team would be SoCal Aquatics, in the City of Tustin Ca. Our fellow Masters swimmers mean well to help you out, however, I live in the area.
  • On the other hand, if he attends the film festival in Orange County, but swims somewhere near Hollywood he'll get the true LA commuting experience! :) But, seriously, if the film festival is at Chapman there's no way you'd want to stay or swim anywhere close to Hollywood.
  • Former Member
    Also, there's a great Masters' team at UCLA (www.recreation.ucla.edu/bruinmasters) and, depending upon where you're staying, your transportation and desire to move around, SCAQ - http://www.swim.net/scaq.cfm - has a huge number of workouts at a variety of pools in the greater LA area. In a pinch, if you need a lap swimming place, check out Westwood Community Pool (www.laparks.org/.../westwoodPool.htm). It is basic, but cheap and was nicely setup for SCM when I was there this summer. Thanks for this. Much appreciated. I’ve started looking around. It seems that I’ll have to join USMS to be able to swim. I naively tought I could just go along and pay a session fee on the day. I’m attending a film festival at Chapman University but would stay at a hotel near to a masters club.
  • Thanks for this. Much appreciated. I’ve started looking around. It seems that I’ll have to join USMS to be able to swim. I naively tought I could just go along and pay a session fee on the day. Probably, but it's worth asking each team. It's almost for sure an insurance issue for why they want you to be part of USMS, but ask the coaches/contact people. If not, UCLA allows open public swimming, I think, and there are plenty of pools in/around LA where you can drop in for lap swimming hours - check out www.swimmersguide.com.
  • To be fair, the original ask was about Hollywood and Chapman was mentioned later. If it's Chapman where you're staying, then you at least have to drop into swim at the Janet Evans Swim Complex in nearby Fullerton. forums.usms.org/attachment.php
  • Former Member
    Thanks for your help guys. The film festival at Chapman University lasts for 3 days. I’m looking to stay another two weeks or so after this.