2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean

2015 Worlds / Who's doping & who's clean 2015 Worlds Results Day 1 Sun, Aug 2, 2015 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    and she has passed the drug tests that Yang/Park/... has failed. Not to imply that Ledecky is not clean, but I don't think passing drug tests is indicative of actually being a PED free athlete.
  • More scandal.According to SwimSwam, Mexico falsified entry times for it's swimmers,evidently unknown to it's swimmers who didn't know what events they were swimming nor their seed times until they got there. Surprise,the head of Mexico Swimming is a FINA vice-president.
  • Love how the winning man in the 100 free was a former doper from China ... I have no confidence in the integrity of any athlete from Russia or China. you seem to have missed the fact that the winner in the mens 400/800/1500 is ALSO a doper from china. yes he was caught and banned for 3 months last year. during a period where there was no meets. how convienient! yet park gets caught and is banned for 18 months for the same violation.
  • you seem to have missed the fact that the winner in the mens 400/800/1500 is ALSO a doper from china. yes he was caught and banned for 3 months last year. during a period where there was no meets. how convienient! yet park gets caught and is banned for 18 months for the same violation. Uh, you really think I missed that fact? I was just commenting on that particular day's events. I'm well aware of Efimova's ban as well. I don't think there's as much opprobrium about positive doping tests in countries like Russia or China as there is in the US. Not to say that our swimmers are't doping (I'm sure some are), just noting that doping in other countries has been and could be state sponsored and more acceptable. Efimova wasn't the least bit contrite about her positive test, and is a Russian hero ...
  • Former Member
    And I heard a reference to a 16 year old Chinese female 200 backstroker who made finals having already tested positive "a few times." There is no female swimmer from China that qualified for 200 back final in Kazan. In fact, none in semi-finals. So either your source is questionable or you are making things up. Result is here: omegatiming.com/.../Download
  • and she has passed the drug tests that Yang/Park/... has failed. even though Yang has lowered the mens record as well. i think if you go back to JEvan's and the 1st time she broke the 1500 you will see that over time she lowered it a lot more than Ledecky has so far. btw, nadrian in 7th for the 100....yuck. mens team (as a whole) is not doing good. not the big confidence boost for next year. something is clearly wrong. sure a few stand outs but on a whole not good. quite a few in the mens 400 at P66 nats went better then mcbroom did.
  • Former Member
    I read that the Germans are speculating that Ledecky is doping. She didn't even do her best times in the 200 and 400 free. She's just the best all around freestyler in world right now. And she wouldn't have won the 200 if Sjostrom had swum it. She had such a smooth stroke leading off the 800 free relay (and in the 100 free semis). Missy looked like she was flailing next to her. I don't mean to attack Ledecky but note she did take 3 seconds off her world record in the 1500 and has lowered the world record 17 seconds since 2013.
  • I think team usa rocked today at 4x100 mixed relay. Missy franklin was great in the last 50m
  • More scandal.According to SwimSwam, Mexico falsified entry times for it's swimmers,evidently unknown to it's swimmers who didn't know what events they were swimming nor their seed times until they got there. Surprise,the head of Mexico Swimming is a FINA vice-president. yeah how did the kid in the 200 fly from quatar get in? goes slower than i did at 5000ft in medellin and im 30 years older talk about a fake time!
  • The latest bizarre story from Worlds: swimswam.com/.../ I don't know. Sun's alleged "heart condition" is sounding more and more like a convenient excuse to me.