Athletes needed for study

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I'm a 4th year psychology student studying at the university of the sunshine coast in Australia. We're looking for athletes to participate in our study regarding athlete performance. Sports being considered are track and field athletics, swimming (pool), and velodrome cycling. You would be asked to complete an online survey along with providing your competition results from the last year. Follow the link below if you are interested in participating (the link also contains more detailed information):- drive.google.com/.../view Thank you and Regards, Jimeoin Murphy
  • Hi, I'm a 4th year psychology student studying at the university of the sunshine coast in Australia. We're looking for athletes to participate in our study regarding athlete performance. Sports being considered are track and field athletics, swimming (pool), and velodrome cycling. You would be asked to complete an online survey along with providing your competition results from the last year. Follow the link below if you are interested in participating (the link also contains more detailed information):- drive.google.com/.../view Thank you and Regards, Jimeoin MurphyAny chance you need me to come to said sunshine coast to fill the forms in person ... and have the funding to support it ;) On a serious note, this looks engaging, though I'll have to admit that many of the questions seem repetitive with only slight changes in language.
  • Any chance you need me to come to said sunshine coast to fill the forms in person ... and have the funding to support it ;) It's mid-winter down there right now. Although it's north Queensland so it probably isn't all that bad. Dan
  • Any chance you need me to come to said sunshine coast to fill the forms in person ... and have the funding to support it ;) As an athlete in Melbourne, Australia, I like that idea! (Guys, predicted Sunny Coast temps for the next week range from mid 60s to low 70s)
  • I compete both Open and Masters. 40+ para-athlete. How do you want me to answer the "competition age group" question?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    @pwb We'll see how the online data collection goes first :P Thanks for that bit of feedback (as well as aquajock), unfortunately as we did not create these survey questions the way they're presented we had to stick to; just the nature of the beast unfortunately. Because of problems like that we stuck in the option to return and finish at later points, so hopefully that helps a few people.
  • Former Member
    I compete both Open and Masters. 40+ para-athlete. How do you want me to answer the "competition age group" question? Hope this helps, but the competition category you pick (open vs masters) can depend on the event you pick in answering in the survey (we ask that individuals pick their preferred/fav event so that reported performances are all from the same thing). So if you prefer a freestyle event in opens just go with that. There is also an option later to specify any applicable status as a para-athlete, so just answering that question towards the end of the demographics section should be fine.
  • Any chance you need me to come to said sunshine coast to fill the forms in person ... and have the funding to support it ;) On a serious note, this looks engaging, though I'll have to admit that many of the questions seem repetitive with only slight changes in language. I agree with pwb. I started taking the survey and found it too redundant and a bit confusing so I didn't finish.
  • I can see by that survey why Australian swimming has gone down the drain.
  • Former Member
    Just bumping so that new eyes can see, apologies if I missed any rules against bumping.
  • Former Member
    Hi all, I would just like to mention that the current plan is to close this survey at the end of this month. So for anyone that may not have finished all the questions on their first try, we have made some changes to make finishing everything easier; the biggest of which is the fact that you only need to supply FIVE performances now (before it was up to twenty). For anyone new to seeing this, we still need plenty of responses :)