Steam room horror - RATED PG

Former Member
Former Member
I have sinus problems year round, and after swimming, I use the steam room. I do deep inhalations/exhalations of the luscious steam. After I sat down to relax for a few minutes, I noticed something next to me on the tile seat. There sat a large bloody tampon. Grossed out, I went to the front desk and notified them. I asked if I could possibly "catch" anything from breathing in the steam and they said no, but of course they would say that. Am I overly concerned? :afraid:
  • I don't trust steam rooms. The molds are what scare me
  • Well, all I can say is that I never, ever had to clean the back, sides and all areas of a toilet and the floor behind until I lived with men/boys. The most disgusting restrooms I've ever seen are men's rooms. A soiled tampon (while unpleasant) is not going to give you a communicable disease unless you are doing something gross with it. :afraid:
  • A few things... 1. Ewww gross! 2. Like would it have just fallen out? 3. For sinus issues have you ever used a sinus rinse kit? I use mine daily. Here's a link http://bit.ly/1zAGl7H Dan
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I don't trust steam rooms. The molds are what scare me So, Steve, can I assume you think you can catch something in the steam room? What about the bodily fluid laden tampon laying in the steam room, while steam is filling the air, which I am mightily inhaling?
  • Former Member
    A few things... 1. Ewww gross! 2. Like would it have just fallen out? 3. For sinus issues have you ever used a sinus rinse kit? I use mine daily. Here's a link http://bit.ly/1zAGl7H Dan 1. Agreed 2. Hmm, I guess anything's possible, but the person should certainly know it. 3. I use a neti pot 2x a day.
  • Former Member
    Soooo gross. But I work at a university and the restrooms are a daily adventure in grossness, so I shouldn't be surprised.
  • I've seen even grosser stuff than that. Someone must have engaged in a disgusting prank as I can't imagine why that would happen, unless it just fell out without knowing about it. The most disgusting restrooms I've ever seen are men's rooms. The cleanest restrooms I've visited were the women's
  • ...unless it just fell out without knowing about it. I'm not sure that's even possible...
  • I've seen even grosser stuff than that. Someone must have engaged in a disgusting prank as I can't imagine why that would happen, unless it just fell out without knowing about it. The cleanest restrooms I've visited were the women's Oh...visit a mens room in a hockey rink. Just lovely!!! Dan
  • Former Member
    This is turning out to be quite the entertaining topic. Where's Elaine and Denise? I'd be interested in their input. :2cents: