Underwater Video Analysis

Hi All, I am a coach and swimmer in Illinois and have borrowed a GoPro a few times to record my swimmers underwater, analyze using Coach's Eye, and send videos over YouTube to the team. They love it and I always see big improvements after we do it. I am considering getting my own GoPro and offer one on one video sessions for interested master's swimmers as well as any other competitive swimmers using our facility (we have a USAS team as well). I have been asked to write a proposal with details on pricing and time (for the session plus analysis) from my facility. I am just wondering if any of you have any experience with underwater video, whether as a swimmer paying to have it done, or offering it as a coach. I have found a few teams that offer it on their websites and the price ranges from $50 to almost $400. Any insight on experiences you have had would be helpful! Thank you!
  • Hi Gary, I'm in Joliet where 55 and 80 meet. Out of curiosity, what does the hour session you have found include? Immediate feedback? Drill suggestions? Recorded analysis that you get to keep? Written notes? I am just trying to figure out what to offer and at what price. Thanks!
  • I don't have details on the Chicago option yet, but found one in Indianapolis that will be offered twice this year for $85/person with the following description: SWIM SHOOT – UNDERWATER VIDEO ANALYSIS Visual feedback is recognized as one of the most powerful tools for better understanding and learning new skills. Both beginner and advanced swimmers will benefit from this comprehensive, 2-hour, freestyle-stroke overview. You will be taped at multiple angles from both ABOVE and BELOW the surface. Classroom session will follow using slow-motion and stop-action to effectively examine form, detail individual stroke inefficiencies and identify prime opportunities for improvement. Your personalized prescription success will be supplemented with a directive outline to the basic concepts of stroke efficiency and proper freestyle technique.
  • I've seen similar services in the $75-120 range/hr in the Dallas-Ft Worth area depending on the coach's background.
  • Where in Illinois are you? I'm a self-coached master in the Champaign area and am looking for some external input on my technique. I found a place in Chicago that does a private lesson with video analysis for $100/hour (or $120/hour for two people) with a "Total Immersion" certified coach. I was thinking of booking that, but would consider trying something different downstate if I could find it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I have seen clinics offered for around $200+ for the session. Video analysis and feedback provided to the individual while someone else is being filmed.