Masters Swimmer on Morning Swim Show

This was too cool not to share! www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../
  • Very nice.Good luck at Nationals.
  • That's great Glenn! Nice interview :)
  • Allen, Thanks! Without you here it looks like HUBIE will make a clean gold sweep of all 6 events.
  • Hi Glenn, Are your Ventura team mates going to join you?
  • That's great Glenn! Nice interview :) Thanks Matt. I know you are having a tough time now, but you will recover and return to the pool. It's hard to miss a Nationals that you are prepped for...it is a real disappointment! No one knows that better than you right now. There is no one I know who has been swimming Masters for a long time that has not had to miss a big meet or Nationals because of a medical issue or some other emergency. It is a major league bummer! However, sometimes those disappointments can be a motivator. Look at the attitude that Amy Van Dyken has shown in the face of a pretty devastating injury. At some point maybe you can use your disappointment to make a beautiful recovery and a triumphant return to the pool! Hang in there!!!!
  • It's just me and HUBIE from VCM. So far as a team, the two of us are in 14th place out of 80 teams. Not bad for two old geezers!
  • I swim with the Blatt's up here. I have only been able to attend one meet in my three years back in the pool. It is difficult to get to them when you are Coaching the kids on the team and also have two kids of your own on the team and going to all the meets. Someday I will get back to a meet.
  • This was too cool not to share! www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/.../ Glenn, that WAS cool, so thanks for sharing! I missed you at Worlds, and so far I have missed you at Nationals. I sure hope I get a chance to meet you around the pool this weekend! Good luck in your events tomorrow!
  • Allen, Thanks! Without you here it looks like HUBIE will make a clean gold sweep of all 6 events. Hubie deserves everything he gets.He came back from an injury that would lead most of us to give up. I am impressed with you 2 (and a few others ) swimming both meets,and fast at that.I am pleased with Worlds,but it is hard to get up for 2 meets in a row.Good luck with the rest of the meet.:
  • Another swimmer to look at for inspiration is the aforementioned Hubie Kerns. In 2009 Hubie was aging up and had a very real shot at all the BR world records. He is a movie stunt driver (Hubie,if you are reading this and have a better title for yourself please correct me) and was hit by a car on the set,pretty well ruining his leg at the time.His BR kick may never recover 100%,but he is setting WRs left and right in the IMs. I hope you have a full speedy recovery.