Just a year ago....

Former Member
Former Member
...I posted to this forum that I could barely get halfway across my 25 yard pool (freestyle) and would feel like I was going to die....Today, I was feeling particularly strong and broke through and did 1000 yards freestyle nonstop!!!!!! I swim through asthma so it was quite a feat. I just wanted to share. I made the lifestyle change last March and have gotten rid of over 40 pounds and feel like a new person. I just wanted to share a victory. I had that great endorphin buzz when I got finished too; BONUS. Marian:banana:
  • Wonderful.That deserves more than one banana :banana::banana::banana::banana:
  • Good for you! It's great to hear of good news these days of gloom in Chicagoland! Even better that you are still at it & having fun! Keep up the fun stuff!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    That's fantastic, congratulations. Your story inspires me. I too have, latent, asthma. On top of that I am very obese. I've worked out in the past but nothing grabbed like swimming has so far. I want to get where you are and I am excited that you shared your story and victory. It truly does inspire me to keep at it. Thank you Harley and good luck :)
  • Wow, that's fantastic news!!! Congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment. It's great testimony to hte sport and wow, what perfect timing for the campaign to help adults learn to swim. You are the epitome of what can be done. Congratulations and keep up the great work!