Best waterproof MP3 player?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, Searching around, Ive seen this is the biggest online forum for swimmers so I might as well ask here as I imagine most on here are experts.... Im looking to give as a gift in bit over a month a waterproof MP3 player. Now, she simply swims for exercise, not nothing professional or/and for competition. She will mostly use it in pool but I think it would be nice for it to be "ocean-ready" as well although this isnt a requirement. Size, Im not sure if it matters if it is 4GB or 8GB. Besides that, Im not sure what else information is needed to ask. Thank you all for your replies.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    My wife loves her SwimP3 by Finis.Bone conduction technology so it doesn't go in your ears and is very comfortable. I agree with you wife I have the Neptune from Finis and find it easy to use and enjoy the great sound.
  • Former Member
    I may go to Raleigh, have not decided. Definitely going to NATS at college park Md. Have family there so I am blessed in that regard. I swim in the 30-34 age group as I turn 35 in May! I practice on my own as time allows. I use to hit the pool hard and then it became a chore so I dropped a little. Want it to remain something that I love and something to hate. Like most of all meeting other people who enjoy swimming. Not many adults here (I am the only one) who competes so I am a little alone in all of it. Getting out to the meets is a relief to know others exist. I didn't enter to many events in the January meet but enjoyed it. I didn't remember the pool sides being that slick? They are supposed to be doing a renovation it? Will you be doing the State Games at the end of June? Let me know and we need to meet up.
  • Former Member
    The FX-Sport VR1 is the best system out there for swimming to music consistently and not having to fiddle about with ear buds. I can put custom made workouts on there as well which no other product does. Music quality is really good actually, above and below the water. Definitely a must see.
  • Former Member
    Thank you very much for helping out :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Hello, Searching around, Ive seen this is the biggest online forum for swimmers so I might as well ask here as I imagine most on here are experts.... Im looking to give as a gift in bit over a month a waterproof MP3 player. Now, she simply swims for exercise, not nothing professional or/and for competition. She will mostly use it in pool but I think it would be nice for it to be "ocean-ready" as well although this isnt a requirement. Size, Im not sure if it matters if it is 4GB or 8GB. Besides that, Im not sure what else information is needed to ask. Thank you all for your replies. The FINIS has already been mentioned and I can also vouch for it ! However mine is not the finis neptune but the finis duo, which is the newer model I suppose..? great sound but I'm not sure wether it is suitable for open water, especially in the sea where the high salt concentration might damage the device found a good review site but unless you're half-german like myself I'm not sure if this will help ;) wasserdichter-mp3-player-test.de/
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Well, to think of gifting a waterproof MP3 player for a swimmer, it's really interesting thought. You have a lot of options to choose from: if you're looking for the Apple experience, you can get a waterproof iPod Shuffle by Underwater Audio, it has 2GB of internal storage, comes with waterproof earbuds along with multiple different sizes cushions, it delivers up to 15 hours of playback, and it costs $120. and if you're looking for something budget friendly, you have either Swimbuds SYRYN that costs around $60 with 7-8 hours of playtime, 4GB of internal storage...etc. Also, at more budget friendly you have Diver DPL-20, OR Aerb MD-191 and Diver DB-10. For more information about the mentioned waterproof MP3 player you can check 13 Best Waterproof MP3 Players
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    The Diver waterproof MP3 player is an awesome MP3 player @ 20 bucks! It is a little MP3 player is loaded with awesome functions that numerous others at this cost point do not include. The Diver DPL-20 is a lightweight waterproof MP3 player; you can clip it onto a swim cap, goggle strap, or swimsuit strap, using the clip on the back. The earphones that come with the player comes as an ear hook piece, it features 3 different ear tips with a 3 ring configuration. The sound quality is great both in and out of the water. Some reviewers have actually been grumbling about the reverb, however, when you play with the equalizer, you can eliminate that. However, this waterproof MP3 player sounds great both with the earphones that featured it and other you might wish to utilize when swimming. You can check out detailed review of diver waterproof player on best mp3 bluetooth players site.