Jan-Feb. Swimmer magazine

Has anyone received the Jan -Feb 2014 issue of Swimmer magazine? I see it listed on this site but I haven't received it, and it's not available to read online yet.
  • If it is something we are pretty much being forced to pay for (as part of the membership bundle), then yes, I think the expectation is that everyone should receive the magazine in a timely manner, regardless of whether they read it or not. If you want it delivered in a timely manner perhaps you should take your concern to the USPS and not USMS. Although thinking about it more, I think we pay ~$12 annually for the magazine (i.e. $2 per issue). I think $2 per issue having to cover postage let alone production costs and design hours is more than reasonable. In order to guarantee timely delivery, I assume that would mean sending it out first class. Which of course would mean charging more to the members. Said otherwise, you can't have your :cake: and eat it, too... :)
  • If you want it delivered in a timely manner perhaps you should take your concern to the USPS and not USMS. Although thinking about it more, I think we pay ~$12 annually for the magazine (i.e. $2 per issue). I think $2 per issue having to cover postage let alone production costs and design hours is more than reasonable. In order to guarantee timely delivery, I assume that would mean sending it out first class. Which of course would mean charging more to the members. Said otherwise, you can't have your :cake: and eat it, too... :) My preference would be to just not bother with the magazine, save the $12 and all the trees/ink it takes to print :angel:
  • My preference would be to just not bother with the magazine, save the $12 and all the trees/ink it takes to print :angel: You can save the trees/ink if you wish. Send an email to azregistrar@usms.org and ask to opt-out of the mailed magazine.
  • Thank you all for your comments—we truly do appreciate the feedback! And our apologies for the delay some of you are experiencing—I'm pretty sure that big hairy polar vortex has something to do with it. We're super excited about the Get Wet sticker inside. On Facebook and Twitter, we're encouraging everyone to have fun with it. It's the focus of next week's Wet Wednesday. Email your photos to wetwednesday@usms.org.
  • You can save the trees/ink if you wish.Swimmer magazine is made from 110% recycled materials with the inks derived from used swim caps and tech suits. This is why our Editor is always on the lookout for colorful caps so she can continue to include such stunning photos in each issue.
  • Then I guess Laura will be excited to get her hands on some of the neon swim caps that Southern Pacific recently received for marketing purposes. Should make some of those pages pop with color.
  • Got mine too! Our club is on a college campus with a lot of college members. Needless to say, the sticker made for some very "colorful" conversation!!:blush:
  • I was looking for new goggles AND there it is , a compare of many.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Have not received mine yet. I am in Illinois.