Jan-Feb. Swimmer magazine

Has anyone received the Jan -Feb 2014 issue of Swimmer magazine? I see it listed on this site but I haven't received it, and it's not available to read online yet.
  • Spoiler alert !!!! Don't tell me any thing that would ruin the surprise!!
  • I think my copy arrived last Wed or Thurs. We don't always check the mail every day. Does anyone still read this magazine? Mine usually sits on the counter, then moves to the magazine pile on the coffee table, then eventually makes its way to the recycle bin. If I'm traveling, I'll sometimes take it with me. I truthfully can't remember the last time I've actually opened one up and read it. Nothing against this magazine, but I generally don't read any magazines, unless they are in an electronic format and on my Kindle.
  • Does anyone still read this magazine? Heck yeah! :banana: My other magazines sit in a pile and often don't get read until I take them on a trip; however, I always read Swimmer Magazine ASAP! :ohyeah:
  • I'm not sure how convenient access is on your device, but the online version is linked to your account at http://www.usms.org/myusms/
  • Heck yeah! :banana: My other magazines sit in a pile and often don't get read until I take them on a trip; however, I always read Swimmer Magazine ASAP! :ohyeah: Ditto! I love the magazine and always read it cover to cover as soon as it arrives. Though one point of critique for this most recent publication: I really enjoy reading articles about non-famous or less-well-known masters swimmers. I appreciate that we have Olympians and famous swimmers in USMS, but the fact that Misty Hyman appears on the cover and as the featured article is a bit of a let down for me. Though I really enjoyed the article, I would much prefer to read more about people I don't know who really enjoy USMS, have some sort of unique or interesting or inspiring story about how swimming and USMS has positively affected their lives. I think that this is usually the case for the profile articles and I think they should stick to that mold. Just my opinion, of course :)
  • I think my copy arrived last Wed or Thurs. We don't always check the mail every day. Does anyone still read this magazine? Mine usually sits on the counter, then moves to the magazine pile on the coffee table, then eventually makes its way to the recycle bin. If I'm traveling, I'll sometimes take it with me. I truthfully can't remember the last time I've actually opened one up and read it. Nothing against this magazine, but I generally don't read any magazines, unless they are in an electronic format and on my Kindle. You don't read your SWIMMER magazine, yet a while ago you raised a stink when it didn't arrive on time. I guess you were just anxious to get it into your recycle bin? :confused: Sorry, couldn't resist. This one was just too easy...
  • You don't read your SWIMMER magazine, yet a while ago you raised a stink when it didn't arrive on time. I guess you were just anxious to get it into your recycle bin? :confused: Sorry, couldn't resist. This one was just too easy... If it is something we are pretty much being forced to pay for (as part of the membership bundle), then yes, I think the expectation is that everyone should receive the magazine in a timely manner, regardless of whether they read it or not.
  • I'm still waiting for mine :-(
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Sorry, couldn't resist. This one was just too easy... About as easy as taking shots at meet directors for their crummy order of events. :argue: :hug: :smooch:
  • Mine came in yesterday's mail. I always look forward to reading it from cover to cover!