One hour postal swim

Ok, who is doing the one hour postal swim this year? Goals, strategies? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
  • Anyone done this for 2014 yet? Share your goals, struggles, and accomplishments!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I was lucky that I had my 14 year old daughter timing me using an android app. I have timed her at many a distance event in her age group meets and we have a good system of signals to communicate. We just reversed roles!
  • I was lucky that I had my 14 year old daughter timing me using an android app. There's an app for that? Do tell. That would save writing down all those splits!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Yes it is awesome I use it for my kids. When you are done you can email yourself (or anyone) the file. play.google.com/.../details
  • Did my first one this year and made 4785. Was really happy with that and probably could have made more with a better suit and lane (I got the slanted lane between the deep and shallow end w/ a jet on the far side). My strategy was to start easy and build @ 2000 and 4000 yards. While I felt like the effort was increasing, I pretty much did 1:15 - 1:16 every 100. I had a rabbit to chase down in the lane next to me which helped keep me busy and focused. It really bothered me to not know how fast I was going. I knew the yardage but had no idea on the pace. Nice work on getting 4785 on your first go! It is really tough to not know your pace. Usually when I do the postal swims, I make sure to have a clock that is visible from my lane. It makes it much easier to stay focused when you know the pace you're swimming...at least I think so. Nice job. Congrats! Thanks Kirk!
  • I finally got good enough at my flip turns to keep them closed the entire swim this year and crushed the 5k mark with 5085 yards! I was so excited! Nice job. Congrats!
  • Last year I did 3850 after only a couple of months on the Team. This year, the goal was 4300 and I did that! Yay! And I'm really excited to see that I've knocked a minute off my mile swim from a meet back in July. Finished off for a total of 8k for training today. I'm pooped! Time for a protein shake followed by a glass of vino. Have a great weekend, y'all!
  • Yes it is awesome I use it for my kids. When you are done you can email yourself (or anyone) the file. play.google.com/.../details Thanks! I downloaded this app, and it made it incredibly easy to fill out the online form for the postal meet! I like how it lets you email the splits and cumulative times right to your email!
  • Last year I did 3850 after only a couple of months on the Team. This year, the goal was 4300 and I did that! Yay! And I'm really excited to see that I've knocked a minute off my mile swim from a meet back in July. Finished off for a total of 8k for training today. I'm pooped! Time for a protein shake followed by a glass of vino. Have a great weekend, y'all! Well done!
  • 8x 500 descend 1-4 and 5-8, + whatever distance is left till you hit 1 hr