One hour postal swim

Ok, who is doing the one hour postal swim this year? Goals, strategies? www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm
Parents
  • Did my first one this year and made 4785. Was really happy with that and probably could have made more with a better suit and lane (I got the slanted lane between the deep and shallow end w/ a jet on the far side). My strategy was to start easy and build @ 2000 and 4000 yards. While I felt like the effort was increasing, I pretty much did 1:15 - 1:16 every 100. I had a rabbit to chase down in the lane next to me which helped keep me busy and focused. It really bothered me to not know how fast I was going. I knew the yardage but had no idea on the pace. Nice work on getting 4785 on your first go! It is really tough to not know your pace. Usually when I do the postal swims, I make sure to have a clock that is visible from my lane. It makes it much easier to stay focused when you know the pace you're swimming...at least I think so. Nice job. Congrats! Thanks Kirk!
  • Did my first one this year and made 4785. Was really happy with that and probably could have made more with a better suit and lane (I got the slanted lane between the deep and shallow end w/ a jet on the far side). My strategy was to start easy and build @ 2000 and 4000 yards. While I felt like the effort was increasing, I pretty much did 1:15 - 1:16 every 100. I had a rabbit to chase down in the lane next to me which helped keep me busy and focused. It really bothered me to not know how fast I was going. I knew the yardage but had no idea on the pace. Nice work on getting 4785 on your first go! It is really tough to not know your pace. Usually when I do the postal swims, I make sure to have a clock that is visible from my lane. It makes it much easier to stay focused when you know the pace you're swimming...at least I think so. Nice job. Congrats! Thanks Kirk!
Children
No Data