USA Swimming Grand Prix Series

2012-13 USA SWIMMING GRAND PRIX SERIES: Minneapolis Grand Prix Nov. 9-11 Minneapolis, MN Austin Grand Prix Jan. 18-20, 2013 Austin, TX Orlando Grand Prix Feb. 14-16, 2013 Orlando, FL Mesa Grand Prix April 11-13, 2013 Mesa, AZ Charlotte Ultraswim Grand Prix May 9-12, 2013 Charlotte, NC Santa Clara Grand Prix May 30-June 2, 2013 Santa Clara, CA
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I don't know where I saw or heard that as far down on the psych sheet as Phelps and Andrew are, they would be swimming next to each other. But not so in the later heats. I'm probably wrong on this. What is circle seeding anyway? Instead of having the last heat be the fastest swimmers, they are spread out in the last 3 heats. A center lane is considered beneficial for racing. This way the top 3 seeds each get a center lane. Plus more people get to race with the faster people. In an 8 lane pool, lane 4 goes to the fastest seed, followed by lanes 5,3,6,2,7,1,8. Using circle seeding, the top seed is in lane 4 of the last heat. The 2nd seed is in lane 4 in the 2nd to last heat. The 3rd seed is in lane 4 in the 3rd to last heat. The 4th seed is in lane 5 in the last heat. The 5th seed is in lane 5 in the 2nd to last heat. and so on.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I don't know where I saw or heard that as far down on the psych sheet as Phelps and Andrew are, they would be swimming next to each other. But not so in the later heats. I'm probably wrong on this. What is circle seeding anyway? Instead of having the last heat be the fastest swimmers, they are spread out in the last 3 heats. A center lane is considered beneficial for racing. This way the top 3 seeds each get a center lane. Plus more people get to race with the faster people. In an 8 lane pool, lane 4 goes to the fastest seed, followed by lanes 5,3,6,2,7,1,8. Using circle seeding, the top seed is in lane 4 of the last heat. The 2nd seed is in lane 4 in the 2nd to last heat. The 3rd seed is in lane 4 in the 3rd to last heat. The 4th seed is in lane 5 in the last heat. The 5th seed is in lane 5 in the 2nd to last heat. and so on.
Children
No Data