eating before swim

Former Member
Former Member
Most of my swimming life, i've had breakfast first. Usually at 9:30 AM I have a medium size bowl of oatmeal, then a half banana with 1/2 cup grain cereal. Someone mentioned that he felt he swam better if he didn't have lunch before he swam. I am always hungry and can't imagine swimming before breakfast. Would love to hear other swimmers' input.
Parents
  • I swim a mix of morning and evening practices (4:30am weekdays/7:30am Saturdays and 6:00pm, respectively), with most of my practices being evening practices. I don't eat a meal before the morning practices or the evening practices, but I do have a snack in the afternoon on days I do evening practice. I eat a small breakfast around 7:30am at work and eat dinner when I get home around 9:00pm. On Saturdays I usually end up skipping breakfast entirely and do lunch around 11:00am.
  • I swim a mix of morning and evening practices (4:30am weekdays/7:30am Saturdays and 6:00pm, respectively), with most of my practices being evening practices. I don't eat a meal before the morning practices or the evening practices, but I do have a snack in the afternoon on days I do evening practice. I eat a small breakfast around 7:30am at work and eat dinner when I get home around 9:00pm. On Saturdays I usually end up skipping breakfast entirely and do lunch around 11:00am.
Children
No Data