Swimming License

I an entering an international open water swim and they are requesting a copy of my "swimming license", what is that?

Thanks,

Deidre

Parents
  • Is this for the Bosphorus swim by chance? In Turkey they issue swimming licenses to competitive athletes, masters included. Your USMS membership card should be enough though they may ask for a health report as well (a requirement for their license)

• Is this for the Bosphorus swim by chance? In Turkey they issue swimming licenses to competitive athletes, masters included. Your USMS membership card should be enough though they may ask for a health report as well (a requirement for their license)

Children
  • Yes it is!!!! So Excited! The only current assisted swim I have done is the Escape from Alcatraz (skin only) and it was awesome.  I live in Colorado so local open water swims are lake only. Can't wait to do another current assist swim.  All my training will be masters until the weather warms then open water at the local reservoir so the 6.5K will take closer to 2hrs.

Thanks,

Deidre

• Ah good guess! I live in Istanbul part time, it's an incredible event, you'll love it! Happy training Slight smile