Swimming License

I an entering an international open water swim and they are requesting a copy of my "swimming license", what is that?

Thanks,

Deidre

• That’s a new one to me. If you Google “International Swimming License” the things that come up are only regarding coaching certifications, lifeguarding, and a few for Paralympic swimmers. Nothing about swimmer certification, or anything like that.

Dan

• For many open water events they require something like a resume to make sure the competitor will be able to complete the event. This may just be a case of lost in translation. 

• Is this for the Bosphorus swim by chance? In Turkey they issue swimming licenses to competitive athletes, masters included. Your USMS membership card should be enough though they may ask for a health report as well (a requirement for their license)

• Yes it is!!!! So Excited! The only current assisted swim I have done is the Escape from Alcatraz (skin only) and it was awesome.  I live in Colorado so local open water swims are lake only. Can't wait to do another current assist swim.  All my training will be masters until the weather warms then open water at the local reservoir so the 6.5K will take closer to 2hrs.

Thanks,

Deidre

• Ah good guess! I live in Istanbul part time, it's an incredible event, you'll love it! Happy training Slight smile

•   This is likely referring to your USMS membership card. This can be accessed through your My USMS page.

https://community.usms.org/p/myusms 

For international athletes to enter events such as USMS Nationals, we require proof of membership for the governing body of swimmers' home country. 

Good luck with the swim!