Swimming and Crossfit

Former Member
Former Member
I have been a swimmer most of my life. I began to Crossfit 4 years ago and am now looking at incorporating the two workouts. I've been back in the pool now for a month but am questioning whether or not there are swim workouts better suited for Crossfit athletes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Parents
  • I would say that it depends on what are you looking from the swimming workout now? Having in mind you are involved with cross fit. If you want to use swimming as conditioning , it's great to start with twice a week 2,500-3,000 since you say you have experience in swimming. You will be transferring the strength from cross fit to the pool which already is like a dry land workout. I think if you look up the basic workouts that are posted on line and the one hour workouts, you will find what fits you best. With the time you will increase your lung capacity and will get used to aerobic regiment which will help you then in the cross fit when you get to that threshold of break down. Hope that helps.
  • I would say that it depends on what are you looking from the swimming workout now? Having in mind you are involved with cross fit. If you want to use swimming as conditioning , it's great to start with twice a week 2,500-3,000 since you say you have experience in swimming. You will be transferring the strength from cross fit to the pool which already is like a dry land workout. I think if you look up the basic workouts that are posted on line and the one hour workouts, you will find what fits you best. With the time you will increase your lung capacity and will get used to aerobic regiment which will help you then in the cross fit when you get to that threshold of break down. Hope that helps.
Children
No Data