How to get back into training?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello everyone! I have decided to really get back into competing. I was wondering if any of you would offer some advice on workouts for someone who is VERY out of shape and slightly overweight:blush:. I have pretty much 24hr access to a pool (I'm a YMCA employee plus I coach the Y team). It's funny how I can create a whole season of workouts for my team but I can't do it for myself! I just feel like I don't know where to start! Help! Thank you! :):):):)
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hello all, I am 45 now and have not been in the pool seriously for over a decade. I was a swimmer from 7 years old to 22. I have just returned to the sport and am doing laps alone and hope to find a workout time with a masters team so I have some support. Do you have any suggestions for me as I start up as a serious swimmer again? Well done for getting back into the pool at 45! Fair play!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hello all, I am 45 now and have not been in the pool seriously for over a decade. I was a swimmer from 7 years old to 22. I have just returned to the sport and am doing laps alone and hope to find a workout time with a masters team so I have some support. Do you have any suggestions for me as I start up as a serious swimmer again? Well done for getting back into the pool at 45! Fair play!
Children
No Data