Lost in the new forums

Am I the only one or is navigation of the new forums really confusing? When I open the app, there seems to be a mishmash of titles, most of which are 3 or 4 years old. 

Is there something I am missing - or is the new forum software really bad?

Parents
  • I think there's almost too much organization.  Having tried this a little more now, there's really only a need for two "top level" categories:

• Let's talk swimming
    • Let's talk other stuff

Then give people the freedom to create threads under each. 

I'll keep trying, but there was nothing wrong, from a user standpoint, with the old Forums ... it was just a marketing / "drive traffic" there issue.

• - Based on some of the comments we added a 'Thread List from All Forums' on the main home page.  If you click on the USMS Logo at the top or your profile picture and click Community/Forums it will take you to the main page.  From there you'll see the Thread List from All Forums below the main groupings.  We think this may help those of you that want to see all the recent posts on the community, regardless of how the topics are organized. 

• - Based on some of the comments we added a 'Thread List from All Forums' on the main home page.  If you click on the USMS Logo at the top or your profile picture and click Community/Forums it will take you to the main page.  From there you'll see the Thread List from All Forums below the main groupings.  We think this may help those of you that want to see all the recent posts on the community, regardless of how the topics are organized. 

Children