Continuous Easy(?) Swimming Sessions

Former Member
Former Member
As I peruse the workouts that some of you do, and as I prepare for my first ever 3000m swim (12 March), I had to wonder how many forumites do subject swims on a regular basis. I put a question mark beside the word "easy", because perhaps such swimming could be tempo/strong pace sometimes, vice recovery pace. (Maybe such swims are done but are not worthy to be recorded as "workouts"?) Thoughts?
Parents
  • :) Fascinating. I was thinking "recovery swim for 45min-1hr" when I typed 3km. Maybe 30min easy/recovery swims? 1500m? Anyone? The books I delve into go into length (pun intended) about doing such swimming, often. But maybe this goes the way of the long cooldown? :) I often tell myself (and my wife) that I'll do an "easy recovery swim" once a week, but it never happens. I've heard of the benefits of these. But even before COVID shortening workouts, the (time) costs associated with getting to the pool make it really hard to not work hard once I get there. So a recovery day for me usually means I'll go for a nice 30-minute walk around the neighborhood. Even if I were to do a recovery swim I don't think I'd go for continuous yards. It would probably end up being a lot of drill work at a really easy pace, on intervals that give plenty of rest.
  • :) Fascinating. I was thinking "recovery swim for 45min-1hr" when I typed 3km. Maybe 30min easy/recovery swims? 1500m? Anyone? The books I delve into go into length (pun intended) about doing such swimming, often. But maybe this goes the way of the long cooldown? :) I often tell myself (and my wife) that I'll do an "easy recovery swim" once a week, but it never happens. I've heard of the benefits of these. But even before COVID shortening workouts, the (time) costs associated with getting to the pool make it really hard to not work hard once I get there. So a recovery day for me usually means I'll go for a nice 30-minute walk around the neighborhood. Even if I were to do a recovery swim I don't think I'd go for continuous yards. It would probably end up being a lot of drill work at a really easy pace, on intervals that give plenty of rest.
Children
No Data