Continuous Easy(?) Swimming Sessions

Former Member
Former Member
As I peruse the workouts that some of you do, and as I prepare for my first ever 3000m swim (12 March), I had to wonder how many forumites do subject swims on a regular basis. I put a question mark beside the word "easy", because perhaps such swimming could be tempo/strong pace sometimes, vice recovery pace. (Maybe such swims are done but are not worthy to be recorded as "workouts"?) Thoughts?
Parents
  • When the weather and schedule allowed, I would try to do an open water swim, which are typically at constant pace intended for distance. That distance increased over the Summer, wrapping up with the competition, which was a 10K. But, once per week, I am hoping to get in 2-4,000 yards, depending on current (typically swim against to points, then return). And then I'll add a second, which get into the 5K range, working all of the way up to 10K. Hope this time around to maintain my ~15K weekly "workout" swims. Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but that's what I have.
  • When the weather and schedule allowed, I would try to do an open water swim, which are typically at constant pace intended for distance. That distance increased over the Summer, wrapping up with the competition, which was a 10K. But, once per week, I am hoping to get in 2-4,000 yards, depending on current (typically swim against to points, then return). And then I'll add a second, which get into the 5K range, working all of the way up to 10K. Hope this time around to maintain my ~15K weekly "workout" swims. Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but that's what I have.
Children
No Data