Spring Nationals postponed to July 21 -25, 2021

I just found this new postponed date for the Spring S C Nationals. I hope that enough shots are given that this can take place.
Parents
  • to Jay Eckert and all.....

it is profoundly unfair to have the oldest age groups swim early every day at nationals. why in the world would you not rotate the starts by the age groupings to give each group a chance to swim at their preferred times? rather than relying on some rule in the rule books that has nothing to do with covid protocols why do you not create new policy based on fairness to all? that would be consistent with changing the order of events each year. 

age groupers have been adjusting to covid for 12 months with staggered start times by age group. to say that you do not want the schedule to be confusing to a group of adult swimmers is patronizing and obviously prejudiced against one group of swimmers. 

this ill-founded strategy needs to be corrected now and the proposed start times for all groups need to be clearly communicated to all swimmers well in advance of the meet. 

• The other downside to "Sessions" is that we will be swimming all our events close together, not spread out among all age groups. Three events in two hours early in the morning is no fun.

• In a different thread it was suggested that with significantly less entries than the cap, there would only be 2 sessions each day now... So that's a bit better with the spacing.

I definitely paid attention to when events were swum when I was signing up in the first place just because I didn't want to do back-to-backs for that reason.  But I enjoy racing pretty much any event besides distance so that helps somewhat.

• In a different thread it was suggested that with significantly less entries than the cap, there would only be 2 sessions each day now... So that's a bit better with the spacing.

I definitely paid attention to when events were swum when I was signing up in the first place just because I didn't want to do back-to-backs for that reason.  But I enjoy racing pretty much any event besides distance so that helps somewhat.

Children
No Data