no mask lifeguard

Former Member
Former Member
Everyone in the gym wears a mask (mandated in our state in the gym) however, one of the guards spent most of the hour I was swimming in the chair (in between breaks) with the mask off, unless she had to speak to the other guard. She's taken short mask breaks in the past, but this was ridiculous. All member have to wear the mask in the gym, while working out, on the deck, etc. and an employee of the fitness center doesn't. I'm surprised the other "main" guard has let this go, since he never removes his mask.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    Sorry about this getting off topic, Renie. I've been on the forums for over ten years now, and this happens often! The unprofessional behavior of the guards you describe is unacceptable, to say the least. Where is management? Perhaps a complaint should be filed, because they may be completely unaware this is going on. No problem, Elaine. It happens. I am so tired of people defending rule abusers. If i were to complain, the manager would tell the offender who complained, and there would be retaliation. It's a tough situation. There are people in this state who walk their dog at night just yards from their house, alone, with a mask on. Expecting a lifeguard to follow the signs posted throughout the gym is not being "judgy" as said above.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    Sorry about this getting off topic, Renie. I've been on the forums for over ten years now, and this happens often! The unprofessional behavior of the guards you describe is unacceptable, to say the least. Where is management? Perhaps a complaint should be filed, because they may be completely unaware this is going on. No problem, Elaine. It happens. I am so tired of people defending rule abusers. If i were to complain, the manager would tell the offender who complained, and there would be retaliation. It's a tough situation. There are people in this state who walk their dog at night just yards from their house, alone, with a mask on. Expecting a lifeguard to follow the signs posted throughout the gym is not being "judgy" as said above.
Children
No Data