Parkas

Dumb question coming. I just got a swim parka. I had never had a use for one since I had been swimming at gyms where I go directly into a warm locker room and shower. Now I am swimming with a Masters club outside with no lockers (head directly home). This is where the Parka comes in. First use this morning. Couple issues. I put my essentials in the pockets and skipped a bag. Kinda bulky and uncomfortable. I didnâ€Tmt wear any clothes over my suit. Just the parka. That didnâ€Tmt feel right either. What is the best way to do all this? I am not asking how to wear a jacket. I am asking how to best use a specialized piece of swimming equipment.🤣
Parents
  • My parka is my last resort. I wear fleece to the pool when I think Iâ€Tmm going to be cold, top and bottom. Fleece doesnâ€Tmt absorb water so there isnâ€Tmt a chill factor. If I get into Parka Mode, Iâ€Tmm wearing fleece bottoms, fake, cheap Uggs on my feet, a fleece hat, and fleece gloves. I think itâ€Tms all about perspective of cold. Thatâ€Tms exactly what I used, a long sleeve Air Force issue fleece top. I wore it (along with the mask) to the block. When the event and warmdown was over I put it back on. It didnâ€Tmt feel wet and it kept me warm.
  • My parka is my last resort. I wear fleece to the pool when I think Iâ€Tmm going to be cold, top and bottom. Fleece doesnâ€Tmt absorb water so there isnâ€Tmt a chill factor. If I get into Parka Mode, Iâ€Tmm wearing fleece bottoms, fake, cheap Uggs on my feet, a fleece hat, and fleece gloves. I think itâ€Tms all about perspective of cold. Thatâ€Tms exactly what I used, a long sleeve Air Force issue fleece top. I wore it (along with the mask) to the block. When the event and warmdown was over I put it back on. It didnâ€Tmt feel wet and it kept me warm.
Children
No Data