Parkas

Dumb question coming. I just got a swim parka. I had never had a use for one since I had been swimming at gyms where I go directly into a warm locker room and shower. Now I am swimming with a Masters club outside with no lockers (head directly home). This is where the Parka comes in. First use this morning. Couple issues. I put my essentials in the pockets and skipped a bag. Kinda bulky and uncomfortable. I didnâ€Tmt wear any clothes over my suit. Just the parka. That didnâ€Tmt feel right either. What is the best way to do all this? I am not asking how to wear a jacket. I am asking how to best use a specialized piece of swimming equipment.🤣
  • I am asking how to best use a specialized piece of swimming equipment.🤣 There is no right way. I would, however, recommend going to your local mall in aforementioned attire just to display your commitment to the swimming community:)
  • Skip the parka. If you're just coming out of a workout, wrap a towel around your bottom and toss a solid cotton hoodie on your top. Run to the car. Turn on the heat. Drive home. If that's not working, skip the 'warm-down' in your workout and finish with a good hard 200-500 fly. Your body will generate enough heat you might not even need to dry off before you get to a car. I've never understood the parka. It seems like a bulky, expensive waste. IMHO:bolt:
  • Skip the parka. If you're just coming out of a workout, wrap a towel around your bottom and toss a solid cotton hoodie on your top. Run to the car. Turn on the heat. Drive home. If that's not working, skip the 'warm-down' in your workout and finish with a good hard 200-500 fly. Your body will generate enough heat you might not even need to dry off before you get to a car. I've never understood the parka. It seems like a bulky, expensive waste. IMHO:bolt: Yes they are expensive, I haven't seen one under 125.00
  • When I wear my parka I still wear a tee shirt and some deck shorts over my jammers. I still use my bag for my gear.
  • Yes they are expensive, I haven't seen one under 125.00 Swimoutlet has Sporti parks for $75. There is a USMS one for $85 but only a few sizes are in stock. I plan to get one if they get any back in. I'm not comfortable taking a shower in the gym, I'm really only comfortable going straight to the pool area, and out of the gym as quickly as I can. And I need to cool down to keep from getting too sore. A water resistant Parka is easier to deal with than sweats and other things taht will get wet, and then not keep me warm.
  • Parkas are excellent for repairing gutters during hurricanes
  • Thanks everyone You already have a good parka. Dry off and cover what you want with sweat pants & a top of comfort. A back pack is what most of our team uses to hold things other than the parka = workout paddles, fins, pull buoy and towel.
  • Not too many hurricane here in Chicagoland. Lots of wind and then winter conditions.
  • What about a bathrobe. Anyone wear a bathrobe at a meet?