Pull sets with bands, NO buoys - HOW??????

Okay, I can do a 25.  I get it, you swim hard, head way down.  I'm bottom heavy, but whatever.  I've seen some sets where there are 4X100 like that.  What am I missing here?  I'm actually a pretty decent swimmer, most of these sets are distance, presumably triathlete friendly, and I'm generally a much better swimmer than even very good triathletes (better than the few locals who make Kona).  But I simply cannot do a 100 without a buoy, much less 4 of them.

Am I missing something?  What am I doing wrong, here?

Parents
  • Keeping your core tight, popping your hips up higher than usual, keeping a quick and consistent stroke rate, and throwing in cheat kicks is how most people do it. It takes a certain type of swimmer to really benefit from pulling with a band so always go back to your "why". If you are "bottom heavy" doing it without a buoy may not be for you, especially for 100's intervals. 

• Keeping your core tight, popping your hips up higher than usual, keeping a quick and consistent stroke rate, and throwing in cheat kicks is how most people do it. It takes a certain type of swimmer to really benefit from pulling with a band so always go back to your "why". If you are "bottom heavy" doing it without a buoy may not be for you, especially for 100's intervals. 

Children
No Data