Best camera for videoing underwater- recent technology?

Are there new recommendations for the best camera for recording underwater videos of our swimmers?

Parents
  • This is a bit off-topic, and just a comment about an isolated incident, but I recall a discussion in these forums a few years ago about someone wanting to make a video of their swimming…either submerged, or from the deck…and the lifeguard and/or pool manager wouldn’t allow it because the other pool patrons would inadvertently be recorded without their consent.

Dan

• This is a bit off-topic, and just a comment about an isolated incident, but I recall a discussion in these forums a few years ago about someone wanting to make a video of their swimming…either submerged, or from the deck…and the lifeguard and/or pool manager wouldn’t allow it because the other pool patrons would inadvertently be recorded without their consent.

Dan

Children
  • I haven't had that problem, and we have been doing this for 13 years.  My husband videotapes my races at meets, and we shoot videos for other swimmers both at meets and when I coached a swimmer at a public pool.

Most of the time, we shoot videos at our private community pool when I train, and when I am coaching other swimmers.  Nobody has ever complained.

The only exception I have ever experienced was in Iceland last month when I wanted to take a picture of the pool I swam at.  Iceland does not allows cameras or cell phones on deck or in the locker rooms.