Best camera for videoing underwater- recent technology?

Are there new recommendations for the best camera for recording underwater videos of our swimmers?

• I'm sorry I can't help you on this.  I'm still using my old Fuji XP that I bought from Costco for $149 several years back.  I attach it to a cheap camera mount that is attached to a pvc pipe.  My husband shoots video of me by standing at the edge of the pool, dunking the pvc pipe with the mounted camera under the water about six inches, and then swiveling the pipe to pan the camera.  The entire set-up was inexpensive, and it works.

• This is a bit off-topic, and just a comment about an isolated incident, but I recall a discussion in these forums a few years ago about someone wanting to make a video of their swimming…either submerged, or from the deck…and the lifeguard and/or pool manager wouldn’t allow it because the other pool patrons would inadvertently be recorded without their consent.

Dan

• I haven't had that problem, and we have been doing this for 13 years.  My husband videotapes my races at meets, and we shoot videos for other swimmers both at meets and when I coached a swimmer at a public pool.

Most of the time, we shoot videos at our private community pool when I train, and when I am coaching other swimmers.  Nobody has ever complained.

The only exception I have ever experienced was in Iceland last month when I wanted to take a picture of the pool I swam at.  Iceland does not allows cameras or cell phones on deck or in the locker rooms.

• , there are some good cell phone cases you can get for $100 or some GoPro older models are $250, if you don't like the idea of putting you phone in the water. 

• I recently purchased this camera and really like it. I only use it when the pool is empty or I have 4-5 lanes between myself and another swimmer so as not to disturb them. The camera is very simple to set up -- and budget-friendly. I got mine for $70. Comes with everything except SD card. 

AKASO EK7000 4K30FPS 20MP Action... www.amazon.com/.../B01LMVITSA

• Thank you for your suggestions