Worthwhile 30-Minute Swims

Former Member
Former Member
My local Y has 30 minute slots...obviously, one to a lane, and it is very hard to get a spot (you have to reserve 0-48 hours from your time slot, and they all get snapped up within 0-3 seconds). I am not exaggerating. I was managing to get in a few doubles, but then they banned those. I'm averaging about two swims a week, because you have to be lucky. The upside is I have to be lean and mean. I don't swim non-stop and the most I can manage is about 1500. The 30 minutes is actually more like 28, since there is no gap between reservations. So, what is a good workout for 30 minutes? I mostly swim for fitness, but I typically also do 3-4 meets a year and swim only 50s.
Parents
  • I get 45 minutes in my pool. I need a 15 minute warm up so that is 30 minutes of work out. After a long lay off from COVID restrictions I am just now able to do some consistent race pace work. I am doing mostly USRPT 3-4 times a week and also a lactic acid set no more than once a week. It is not the same as an hour work out, but I can tell I am making progress. 

• I think hybridizing USRPT looks very promising.  There's just some elements that aren't worked with a strict USRPT diet (qualitative technique, acidosis, 15m all out stuff).

Reply Children
No Data