Worthwhile 30-Minute Swims

Former Member
Former Member
My local Y has 30 minute slots...obviously, one to a lane, and it is very hard to get a spot (you have to reserve 0-48 hours from your time slot, and they all get snapped up within 0-3 seconds). I am not exaggerating. I was managing to get in a few doubles, but then they banned those. I'm averaging about two swims a week, because you have to be lucky. The upside is I have to be lean and mean. I don't swim non-stop and the most I can manage is about 1500. The 30 minutes is actually more like 28, since there is no gap between reservations. So, what is a good workout for 30 minutes? I mostly swim for fitness, but I typically also do 3-4 meets a year and swim only 50s.
Parents
  • Thirty minutes is plenty of time to work on your 50! Do some 25s all out, and I really mean all out, none of that 100 pace or best average nonsense. I'm talking literally as fast as you can go, every time. On three minutes. I like to do ten, which will take 27+ whatever your last 25 is, but you're short on time and I'd recommend warming up a little so go for eight. If you truly do them all out, you'll get a great workout.
  • Thirty minutes is plenty of time to work on your 50! Do some 25s all out, and I really mean all out, none of that 100 pace or best average nonsense. I'm talking literally as fast as you can go, every time. On three minutes. I like to do ten, which will take 27+ whatever your last 25 is, but you're short on time and I'd recommend warming up a little so go for eight. If you truly do them all out, you'll get a great workout.
Children
No Data