Kickboard recommendation

Former Member
Former Member
Can anyone recommend an adult (long - 20") kickboard that is NOT rigid? Our gym had these great semi-pliable long kickboards that I've yet to find online. The last one I ordered was too short and hurts my back.
Parents
  • I got a snorkel, but I never was comfortable using it. Granted, I'm too used to taking breaths by lifting my face slightly. But breathing through the snorkel got me panicked too many times. Finally, I decided that as a tool it just wasn't working for me. I could be persuaded to try again, but I like breathing--and I like it to be a more direct process than what happens when I use a snorkel. And water comes through which means I'm doing something wrong. Had a small kickboard but it didn't work out, so I gave it to someone who was looking for that type of kickboard. Tried the Tyr inflatable, but it deflated after a couple uses. I should mention that kick sets are my least favorite--and that maybe I scare my equipment away subconsciously. :D :bolt:A few thoughts: It took me forever to learn how to use a snorkel. I probably tried and stop for a few years before one of my masters friends "coached" me through it. It really is like riding a bike; very hard at the start, but once you get it, it seems like second nature. Keep trying. I, too, don't like kick sets. I only really do them in November and December each year to prepare for the MEMO 400 Kick For Time Postal event. Otherwise, I almost never do them, except as part of some drill work.
  • I got a snorkel, but I never was comfortable using it. Granted, I'm too used to taking breaths by lifting my face slightly. But breathing through the snorkel got me panicked too many times. Finally, I decided that as a tool it just wasn't working for me. I could be persuaded to try again, but I like breathing--and I like it to be a more direct process than what happens when I use a snorkel. And water comes through which means I'm doing something wrong. Had a small kickboard but it didn't work out, so I gave it to someone who was looking for that type of kickboard. Tried the Tyr inflatable, but it deflated after a couple uses. I should mention that kick sets are my least favorite--and that maybe I scare my equipment away subconsciously. :D :bolt:A few thoughts: It took me forever to learn how to use a snorkel. I probably tried and stop for a few years before one of my masters friends "coached" me through it. It really is like riding a bike; very hard at the start, but once you get it, it seems like second nature. Keep trying. I, too, don't like kick sets. I only really do them in November and December each year to prepare for the MEMO 400 Kick For Time Postal event. Otherwise, I almost never do them, except as part of some drill work.
Children
No Data