How good of a swimmer am I?

Former Member
Former Member
I've been lifting weights + running for a few years and have been swimming on and off for a couple of years. Last season I ramped up my swimming slightly to maybe 2000 meters 3 times per week. I'm gonna try a swimrun in about a month and have tried to increase my swimming to 4 times per week during the summer. I can do a 5k run in 20 mins if I max it so I think the running is fine but I don't know about my swimming. Best 100 meters time 1:20 (was few months ago, maybe I could increase it to 1:15 by now) I get really tired by it but I can do 3 intervalls of 100 meters at 1:30. With 1:30 rest. Longest crawl 1k (was really hard) 19 minutes I have tried to make a 400 meter swim in 7 minutes twice in the last week but had bad days both times and got like 7:30. I hope I am considered an intermediate swimmer at this but I'm not sure?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    I've been lifting weights + running for a few years and have been swimming on and off for a couple of years. Last season I ramped up my swimming slightly to maybe 2000 meters 3 times per week. I'm gonna try a swimrun in about a month and have tried to increase my swimming to 4 times per week during the summer. I can do a 5k run in 20 mins if I max it so I think the running is fine but I don't know about my swimming. Best 100 meters time 1:20 (was few months ago, maybe I could increase it to 1:15 by now) I get really tired by it but I can do 3 intervalls of 100 meters at 1:30. With 1:30 rest. Longest crawl 1k (was really hard) 19 minutes I have tried to make a 400 meter swim in 7 minutes twice in the last week but had bad days both times and got like 7:30. I hope I am considered an intermediate swimmer at this but I'm not sure? I consider myself an intermediate swimmer. Your times are mostly the same as mine (except the 100 m) - which I consider not good because I'm in the slow lane of a triathlon club swim squad. My fastest 1.5 km freestyle in a LC pool is just under 29 minutes, roughly corresponding to your 19 minutes 1 km, and my fastest 400 m is about 7'9" However, my absolute fastest 100 m is 1'30" which can't be repeated. I can keep 1'47" on 8x100 on 2' intervals. All these, apart from the 100 m time which is done recently, are winter times when the pool is cold enough (below 68°F). In addition I have done a 14 km OW race in 5:14 hours. In comparison, my fastest 5k run time is about 22 and a half minutes but that's 4 years ago. My recent 10k run time is about 46 and a half minutes which is comparable so I can't run as fast as you.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    I've been lifting weights + running for a few years and have been swimming on and off for a couple of years. Last season I ramped up my swimming slightly to maybe 2000 meters 3 times per week. I'm gonna try a swimrun in about a month and have tried to increase my swimming to 4 times per week during the summer. I can do a 5k run in 20 mins if I max it so I think the running is fine but I don't know about my swimming. Best 100 meters time 1:20 (was few months ago, maybe I could increase it to 1:15 by now) I get really tired by it but I can do 3 intervalls of 100 meters at 1:30. With 1:30 rest. Longest crawl 1k (was really hard) 19 minutes I have tried to make a 400 meter swim in 7 minutes twice in the last week but had bad days both times and got like 7:30. I hope I am considered an intermediate swimmer at this but I'm not sure? I consider myself an intermediate swimmer. Your times are mostly the same as mine (except the 100 m) - which I consider not good because I'm in the slow lane of a triathlon club swim squad. My fastest 1.5 km freestyle in a LC pool is just under 29 minutes, roughly corresponding to your 19 minutes 1 km, and my fastest 400 m is about 7'9" However, my absolute fastest 100 m is 1'30" which can't be repeated. I can keep 1'47" on 8x100 on 2' intervals. All these, apart from the 100 m time which is done recently, are winter times when the pool is cold enough (below 68°F). In addition I have done a 14 km OW race in 5:14 hours. In comparison, my fastest 5k run time is about 22 and a half minutes but that's 4 years ago. My recent 10k run time is about 46 and a half minutes which is comparable so I can't run as fast as you.
Children
No Data