How good of a swimmer am I?

Former Member
Former Member
I've been lifting weights + running for a few years and have been swimming on and off for a couple of years. Last season I ramped up my swimming slightly to maybe 2000 meters 3 times per week. I'm gonna try a swimrun in about a month and have tried to increase my swimming to 4 times per week during the summer. I can do a 5k run in 20 mins if I max it so I think the running is fine but I don't know about my swimming. Best 100 meters time 1:20 (was few months ago, maybe I could increase it to 1:15 by now) I get really tired by it but I can do 3 intervalls of 100 meters at 1:30. With 1:30 rest. Longest crawl 1k (was really hard) 19 minutes I have tried to make a 400 meter swim in 7 minutes twice in the last week but had bad days both times and got like 7:30. I hope I am considered an intermediate swimmer at this but I'm not sure?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    See my sig. Many people say that I am a "good" newbie swimmer. :) My 100m is the same as yours, but I've been slogging sessions at the pool since early 2019. I'm sure your 400m will be the same as mine soon enough if you keep at it. I sense that you have "speed" but not "endurance" yet.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago
    See my sig. Many people say that I am a "good" newbie swimmer. :) My 100m is the same as yours, but I've been slogging sessions at the pool since early 2019. I'm sure your 400m will be the same as mine soon enough if you keep at it. I sense that you have "speed" but not "endurance" yet.
Children
No Data