USPRT Workouts?

Any discussion about adding a new category to your online workouts? Great article in the March-April 2019 Swimmer edition about the success of USPRT. As the writer Jim Thornton wrote: "Perhaps it's time to look into yet another protocol. Masters-USPRT." Perhaps it's time to add it to your online workout section!!!!!
Parents
  • How would you use USRPT to train for the 100 or 200 im? I have no experience using USRPT but I would guess that you work on one stroke at a time. I was thinking that one day to do a set of 25s fly and then a set of 25s back. Then on another day to do a set of 25s *** and then a set of 25s free. I guess you are supposed to work on cross-over turns separately then? Since you're training for both the 100 IM and 200 IM, I see no problem in doing some repeat mixed stroke 50s (e.g., fly-back, back-***, ***-free) so you can also work on turns at speed. Remember, USRPT is a training concept, not dogma ... do what makes sense.
  • How would you use USRPT to train for the 100 or 200 im? I have no experience using USRPT but I would guess that you work on one stroke at a time. I was thinking that one day to do a set of 25s fly and then a set of 25s back. Then on another day to do a set of 25s *** and then a set of 25s free. I guess you are supposed to work on cross-over turns separately then? Since you're training for both the 100 IM and 200 IM, I see no problem in doing some repeat mixed stroke 50s (e.g., fly-back, back-***, ***-free) so you can also work on turns at speed. Remember, USRPT is a training concept, not dogma ... do what makes sense.
Children
No Data