Help with turns

Former Member
Former Member
I swam Nationals. I am a sprinter and in both the 50 back and 50 free, I went into the turn with everyone and came out behind everyone. I clearly did not "miss" my turn. What is the most likely thing that I am doing wrong?
Parents
  • What heat and lane were you in? I can check out your race on the live feed once I get back home if you want (I am also at Nationals). I found the video. She's in Heat 10, Lane 2 at the 8:00 mark in the video below. Ann, I paused the video when the first swimmer made her turn, and you were in last place at that point. The swimmers in lanes 3-7 were quite a bit ahead of you, and you were just behind lanes 1 and 8. By the time you reached the wall for your turn, you were tied with lanes 1 and 8. Lane 1 appeared to be little quicker pushing off the wall on the turn. I don't think it's as much about your turn as your underwater after the start. It was slower than the other swimmers, which gave you a disadvantage in the first half of the race. www.youtube.com/watch
  • What heat and lane were you in? I can check out your race on the live feed once I get back home if you want (I am also at Nationals). I found the video. She's in Heat 10, Lane 2 at the 8:00 mark in the video below. Ann, I paused the video when the first swimmer made her turn, and you were in last place at that point. The swimmers in lanes 3-7 were quite a bit ahead of you, and you were just behind lanes 1 and 8. By the time you reached the wall for your turn, you were tied with lanes 1 and 8. Lane 1 appeared to be little quicker pushing off the wall on the turn. I don't think it's as much about your turn as your underwater after the start. It was slower than the other swimmers, which gave you a disadvantage in the first half of the race. www.youtube.com/watch
Children
No Data