Video Recording Your Swimming

Do any of you keep a swim video journal? If so, has it helped you work towards or achieve your goals in swimming? I am just beginning to record my swim events in the weeks leading up to meets so that I'm not just looking at or tracking times, but also, form and technique. I've personally found videotaping makes weak and strong points in your swimming fairly obvious, whereas numeric or coaching feedback, while effective for other reasons, is not as strong at helping you visualize or correct form/technique. For those of you with experience of recording your swims, what do you recommend in terms of camera angles, how often you record or analyze your videos, how you store or organize your videos if you have a lot of them starting to accumulate, etc. This thread is also a good place if anyone wants to talk about using video analysis (ex. training videos on YouTube, or videos of swimmers racing or performing proper technique) to improve your swims.
Parents
  • I use iPad mini with a water proof case, and Coach's eye or iMovie. You can even use an iPhone with a water proof case. I have a little stand that has spider like areas that you can bend and use underwater with a weight, or it has a magnet on the bottom if you have something it will stick too.
  • I use iPad mini with a water proof case, and Coach's eye or iMovie. You can even use an iPhone with a water proof case. I have a little stand that has spider like areas that you can bend and use underwater with a weight, or it has a magnet on the bottom if you have something it will stick too.
Children
No Data