Video Recording Your Swimming

Do any of you keep a swim video journal? If so, has it helped you work towards or achieve your goals in swimming? I am just beginning to record my swim events in the weeks leading up to meets so that I'm not just looking at or tracking times, but also, form and technique. I've personally found videotaping makes weak and strong points in your swimming fairly obvious, whereas numeric or coaching feedback, while effective for other reasons, is not as strong at helping you visualize or correct form/technique. For those of you with experience of recording your swims, what do you recommend in terms of camera angles, how often you record or analyze your videos, how you store or organize your videos if you have a lot of them starting to accumulate, etc. This thread is also a good place if anyone wants to talk about using video analysis (ex. training videos on YouTube, or videos of swimmers racing or performing proper technique) to improve your swims.
Parents
  • A chum and i have been experimenting recording our swimming on tablets from poolside The best thing we have found is to use iPAD slow motion filming ( many tablets dont have this function you have to download to a computer to view in slo mo ). This reveals an incredible amount of detail, and very interesting if you also record a very good swimmer in slo mo as a comparison. We found all sorts of things to correct Thanks for the tips!
  • A chum and i have been experimenting recording our swimming on tablets from poolside The best thing we have found is to use iPAD slow motion filming ( many tablets dont have this function you have to download to a computer to view in slo mo ). This reveals an incredible amount of detail, and very interesting if you also record a very good swimmer in slo mo as a comparison. We found all sorts of things to correct Thanks for the tips!
Children
No Data