Goggles

It seems it's been a while on here since people have talked about their favorite goggles for: 

1. Open Water Swimming
  2. Pool Swimming
Parents
  • Well, since you’re talking about goggles for pool AND open water, I thought I’d bring this up. I do a fair amount of swimming in both pool and open water. I used the same brand/style goggles for both (actually it’s a single piece “sport mask” I guess). It’s the Aqua Sphere Vista. About 3-4 years ago the one pair I had broke. I used that one pair in both the pool AND open water. But, since I keep separate swim bags — one for the pool, and one for the open water, I figured I’d order two masks at the same time…one for each bag. After about a year or so, I noticed something odd about the two masks. See the picture attached. Surprisingly (to me anyway), the one on the LEFT was the one in my pool bag. I would have thought just the opposite would happen…that the chlorine would keep the silicone clean and clear, and that gunk in the open water would discolor the silicone. I posted this in my local swim group Facebook page. The best response I got was “I think you have just proved pool swimming is crappier than open water swimming.”  —  Dan

• Well, since you’re talking about goggles for pool AND open water, I thought I’d bring this up. I do a fair amount of swimming in both pool and open water. I used the same brand/style goggles for both (actually it’s a single piece “sport mask” I guess). It’s the Aqua Sphere Vista. About 3-4 years ago the one pair I had broke. I used that one pair in both the pool AND open water. But, since I keep separate swim bags — one for the pool, and one for the open water, I figured I’d order two masks at the same time…one for each bag. After about a year or so, I noticed something odd about the two masks. See the picture attached. Surprisingly (to me anyway), the one on the LEFT was the one in my pool bag. I would have thought just the opposite would happen…that the chlorine would keep the silicone clean and clear, and that gunk in the open water would discolor the silicone. I posted this in my local swim group Facebook page. The best response I got was “I think you have just proved pool swimming is crappier than open water swimming.”  —  Dan

Children
No Data