Spinal issues and open water techniques

I have a few swimmers with spine related issues and wanted to see if anyone had any experience or techinques for Open Water swimmer with spinal immobility. Specifically: - Swimmers with scoliosis corrective surgery and have limited to no head extension /ability to raise the head up and tarzan or peep sight. - Help with rotation for breathing in choppy water. One swimmer I have in particular has alot of open water experience and is planning to do a 5k swim, but right now she is almost having to come to a complete stop to do any sighting. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you, Brian Kozera SVY Multisport Gators Royersford PA USAT/USMS
Parents
  • I have a few swimmers with spine related issues and wanted to see if anyone had any experience or techinques for Open Water swimmer with spinal immobility. Specifically: - Swimmers with scoliosis corrective surgery and have limited to no head extension /ability to raise the head up and tarzan or peep sight. - Help with rotation for breathing in choppy water. One swimmer I have in particular has alot of open water experience and is planning to do a 5k swim, but right now she is almost having to come to a complete stop to do any sighting. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you, Brian Kozera SVY Multisport Gators Royersford PA USAT/USMS Do they have issues kicking?
  • I have a few swimmers with spine related issues and wanted to see if anyone had any experience or techinques for Open Water swimmer with spinal immobility. Specifically: - Swimmers with scoliosis corrective surgery and have limited to no head extension /ability to raise the head up and tarzan or peep sight. - Help with rotation for breathing in choppy water. One swimmer I have in particular has alot of open water experience and is planning to do a 5k swim, but right now she is almost having to come to a complete stop to do any sighting. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you, Brian Kozera SVY Multisport Gators Royersford PA USAT/USMS Do they have issues kicking?
Children
No Data