what to eat before a morning open water swim

Hey Folks, I have an event coming up, and I want to prepare well with my intake of correct food. My race should go off at about 9am, and I want to have energy, but not heavy-ness from eating breakfast. What suggestions do you all have for a great morning 1.5 K swim preparation? Also, and suggestions for the days preceeding the race? Thanks! Gretchen
Parents
  • I like granola bars and sometimes cereal on event mornings. The week before stay hydrated. I remember my high school coach telling us to eat steak dinners the week before a big meet...I still like the tradition of beefing up on protein early in the week then switching to more carb based later in the week. The night before eat easy and early. I don't think it needs to be complicated. If you generally eat well, you will be fine. Just stay hydrated and be careful the night before. Agree with flystorms (as usual) don't try anything new. Most importantly, enjoy it!
  • I like granola bars and sometimes cereal on event mornings. The week before stay hydrated. I remember my high school coach telling us to eat steak dinners the week before a big meet...I still like the tradition of beefing up on protein early in the week then switching to more carb based later in the week. The night before eat easy and early. I don't think it needs to be complicated. If you generally eat well, you will be fine. Just stay hydrated and be careful the night before. Agree with flystorms (as usual) don't try anything new. Most importantly, enjoy it!
Children
No Data