Strava for open water swimmin

Has anyone used your (waterproof-moisture protected) cell phone and the Strava app for recording open water swimming? I'm just wondering how the GPS function works at water level. I have a Garmin FR-10...it's waterproof but intended for overland applications, and not designed to operate (correctly) at water level. Consequently the graphic of my swim routes looks like a zigzag, and adds as much as a mile to a two-mile swim. Dan
Parents
  • It may have been me. Someone suggested it to me...although I've never tried that with my own FR-10. Dan Here is a link to the first time I loaded the FR-10 in my cap (I uploaded the result to Strava). The event was a 10K and it measured my course accurately. www.strava.com/.../1512101469 The challenge in using in an event is getting it in the back of my cap without activating the "run" button inadvertently getting it in there or with a goggle strap, but so far I've only had fail to track my swim once. And every swim I've tracked with it has read accurately.
  • It may have been me. Someone suggested it to me...although I've never tried that with my own FR-10. Dan Here is a link to the first time I loaded the FR-10 in my cap (I uploaded the result to Strava). The event was a 10K and it measured my course accurately. www.strava.com/.../1512101469 The challenge in using in an event is getting it in the back of my cap without activating the "run" button inadvertently getting it in there or with a goggle strap, but so far I've only had fail to track my swim once. And every swim I've tracked with it has read accurately.
Children
No Data