Strava for open water swimmin

Has anyone used your (waterproof-moisture protected) cell phone and the Strava app for recording open water swimming? I'm just wondering how the GPS function works at water level. I have a Garmin FR-10...it's waterproof but intended for overland applications, and not designed to operate (correctly) at water level. Consequently the graphic of my swim routes looks like a zigzag, and adds as much as a mile to a two-mile swim. Dan
Parents
  • No strava or GPS here. My watch records OWS but not very accurately. Still, close enough for me. It depends on the stroke length setting being accurate and even examining pool workouts, mine is inconsistent, so I sort of average it. Funny story: I updated the firmware on my watch some time ago and forgot to reset the SL. Next OWS it was set way too high and recorded a half mile loop as 1600 yds. I thought, wow that was easy for an almost mile.
  • No strava or GPS here. My watch records OWS but not very accurately. Still, close enough for me. It depends on the stroke length setting being accurate and even examining pool workouts, mine is inconsistent, so I sort of average it. Funny story: I updated the firmware on my watch some time ago and forgot to reset the SL. Next OWS it was set way too high and recorded a half mile loop as 1600 yds. I thought, wow that was easy for an almost mile.
Children
No Data