Swim Around Lido Key April 14, 2018 - Sarasota, FL

Swim Around Lido Key April 14, 2018 is filling up. Get your registration in soon as this event always sells out! This is a beautiful 7-mile open water swim around Lido Key in Sarasota, FL. Enter as a solo, 2-person or 3-person relay team. For more information and to register, go to www.swimwithoutlimits.com/swim-around-lido-key.html 11438114391144011441
  • Hello! I am interested in signing up for the solo swim option for Lido Key. However, I am coming from WAY out of town and do not know anyone in the area to kayak for me. Are there guide kayakers available still? Or, would there be anyway to find someone willing to kayak for me? Thanks!
  • Hello! I am interested in signing up for the solo swim option for Lido Key. However, I am coming from WAY out of town and do not know anyone in the area to kayak for me. Are there guide kayakers available still? Or, would there be anyway to find someone willing to kayak for me? Thanks! Hard to say how often the organizer checks this board, you're better off emailing them directly: swim@swimwithoutlimits.com I hope you can find a kayaker, it's a really fun swim in beautiful waters.
  • Swim Around Lido Key April 14, 2018 is filling up. Get your registration in soon as this event always sells out! This is a beautiful 7-mile open water swim around Lido Key in Sarasota, FL. Enter as a solo, 2-person or 3-person relay team. For more information and to register, go to www.swimwithoutlimits.com/swim-around-lido-key.html 11438114391144011441 I am signed up and am looking for a roommate. I have a room at the Lido Beach Resort checking in Friday, 4/13 and checking out Monday, 4/16. The room rate (with all taxes and fees) is $439.41.
  • Would anyone like to help me in my training for this? I’ve never swum this far before, and although I feel confident in most of my preparation, I’m wondering about the last week, or “taper week”. I don’t think I should cut back to much less than 5-6000/day, but maybe I’m wrong here. I’m getting in 8-10,000 on Saturdays now, and have to limit my weekday swims to 5-6000 as it is. I just figure I want to be rested, but don’t want to over do the resting. Thanks in advance!
  • Celestial, I saw the advice that was given on the other thread and you got great thoughts from several people. Make that last long swim 2 weeks out at the latest. Definitely rest as much as you can that last week. It may feel like you're going to lose strides during that taper week, but let your body heal and be twitching to go come race day. Also be sure to have a good conversation with your kayaker about where you want him/her positioned and what you need. you want them doing the navigating so you can concentrate on swimming. It's good to have them positioned at your hip so you see them and can swim 4-6 feet off of them. Let them steer you. Also talk to them about your feeding schedule. It's warm, so I'd suggest stopping momentarily every 20-30 minutes to at least get water and/or whatever else you need or want. It helps break up a long swim. Push through the demons that might try to invade your head around miles 4-5.5 and keep the finish in sight. Enjoy the race and let us know how it went. There's a race report thread buried on this Open Water page that you could post there for others to enjoy. Good luck!