What are your 2018 events?

Checking in with my fellow OW peeps. What OW events are you looking to do in 2018? Maybe it'll spur on some ideas and motivation for others! For me - SwimTrek vacation for my big 5-0 in the Maldives (okay, not a race, but damn, it's going to be beautiful!) Maybe St Croix 5 miler again or Barbados 10k. Depends on if I can con my cousin into doing it too.
Parents
  • I was in 2 Bridges a couple years ago. Great, well-organized event, generous spread of food, nice swag! Tough part was swimming against the current in the Hudson (oblong course, so part of it was with, part against). I had to take a dnf b/c it 2as such tough going against the current that I was over the time limit. Still, I recommend the swim.... you're a strong swimmer, do it'll likely not be an issue for you, as it was for me. And gotta give a shout-out to the "swim angels." Wouldn't have made it to the first bridge stanchion without my angelic companion, who gave me some really helpful tips, like swimming closer to shore (I know, probably obvious stuff for the more experienced, but 2 yrs ago, I was clueless about strong river currents). Short form: go for it! Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk Thanks! I might. I have done a similar layout in the Ohio River near Louisville a few times. And on the SF Bay. I just had the opportunity to swim there in October. What a fantastic place to swim. Swimming in Berkeley Harbor, every breath to the west produced the SF skyline and the Golden Gate. Magnificent.
  • I was in 2 Bridges a couple years ago. Great, well-organized event, generous spread of food, nice swag! Tough part was swimming against the current in the Hudson (oblong course, so part of it was with, part against). I had to take a dnf b/c it 2as such tough going against the current that I was over the time limit. Still, I recommend the swim.... you're a strong swimmer, do it'll likely not be an issue for you, as it was for me. And gotta give a shout-out to the "swim angels." Wouldn't have made it to the first bridge stanchion without my angelic companion, who gave me some really helpful tips, like swimming closer to shore (I know, probably obvious stuff for the more experienced, but 2 yrs ago, I was clueless about strong river currents). Short form: go for it! Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk Thanks! I might. I have done a similar layout in the Ohio River near Louisville a few times. And on the SF Bay. I just had the opportunity to swim there in October. What a fantastic place to swim. Swimming in Berkeley Harbor, every breath to the west produced the SF skyline and the Golden Gate. Magnificent.
Children
No Data