What are your 2018 events?

Checking in with my fellow OW peeps. What OW events are you looking to do in 2018? Maybe it'll spur on some ideas and motivation for others! For me - SwimTrek vacation for my big 5-0 in the Maldives (okay, not a race, but damn, it's going to be beautiful!) Maybe St Croix 5 miler again or Barbados 10k. Depends on if I can con my cousin into doing it too.
Parents
  • I'm planning on the 24 hour relay in SF Bay, even though I may be crazy swimming there in cold water w an aggressive sea lion in the vicinity. But I haven't been to SF for years, and I loved it, earthquake and all when I last visited. Great South Bay Swim likely on my list b/c they're wonderful people who organize it. Charles Bender Memorial Marathon Swim, as a relay. I've done the 8 mile distance, and was thinking I'd do the relay for a change, plus a friend wants to increase her swim distance. And, crossing fingers I get in, Swim the Suck. I understand it sells out fast. If not that, I want to do some kind of 10 or double digit mile swim. STS looking like a good choice for a 1st double digit mile swim.... granted, maybe more of a 10k in terms of effort, if there's a dam release. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • I'm planning on the 24 hour relay in SF Bay, even though I may be crazy swimming there in cold water w an aggressive sea lion in the vicinity. But I haven't been to SF for years, and I loved it, earthquake and all when I last visited. Great South Bay Swim likely on my list b/c they're wonderful people who organize it. Charles Bender Memorial Marathon Swim, as a relay. I've done the 8 mile distance, and was thinking I'd do the relay for a change, plus a friend wants to increase her swim distance. And, crossing fingers I get in, Swim the Suck. I understand it sells out fast. If not that, I want to do some kind of 10 or double digit mile swim. STS looking like a good choice for a 1st double digit mile swim.... granted, maybe more of a 10k in terms of effort, if there's a dam release. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data