What are your 2018 events?

Checking in with my fellow OW peeps. What OW events are you looking to do in 2018? Maybe it'll spur on some ideas and motivation for others! For me - SwimTrek vacation for my big 5-0 in the Maldives (okay, not a race, but damn, it's going to be beautiful!) Maybe St Croix 5 miler again or Barbados 10k. Depends on if I can con my cousin into doing it too.
Parents
  • 2018 is going to be my first year swimming /competing in open water events. I grew up swimming in normal pool swim meets and now that I'm older and have kids I'm looking to get back into shape but have a different venue of competition. My observation (and take it for what it's worth, I don't have much experience) is that former competitive swimmers are amazing in open water swims. Even after decades, they just seem to excel compared to us 'adult-onset' swimmers. Good luck and have fun, it's a great time to be in love with open water.
  • 2018 is going to be my first year swimming /competing in open water events. I grew up swimming in normal pool swim meets and now that I'm older and have kids I'm looking to get back into shape but have a different venue of competition. My observation (and take it for what it's worth, I don't have much experience) is that former competitive swimmers are amazing in open water swims. Even after decades, they just seem to excel compared to us 'adult-onset' swimmers. Good luck and have fun, it's a great time to be in love with open water.
Children
No Data