swim Galapagos trip

I am going on a trip in April with a local swim group. bit.ly/swimgalapagos They recommend travel insurance, how do other feel about benefits and costs? Has any one done this trip and have pointers, this is my first (yea) swim trip and I am new to open water.
Parents
  • An open water swim tour in the Galapagos is on my bucket list: HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME! I've participated in several guided open water swim tours and am currently a certified guide for UK-based SwimTrek. Most of the tour companies recommend travel insurance, and some require it. In my opinion, the more remote the location, the more I'd recommend travel insurance. You might not use it, but that's a good thing. As far as other tips...just enjoy yourself! There should be a great balance of swimming, relaxing, and sight-seeing. It's been my experience as a guest and as a guide that you can swim as much (or as little) as you'd like. You'll have a great time, I'm sure!
  • An open water swim tour in the Galapagos is on my bucket list: HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME! I've participated in several guided open water swim tours and am currently a certified guide for UK-based SwimTrek. Most of the tour companies recommend travel insurance, and some require it. In my opinion, the more remote the location, the more I'd recommend travel insurance. You might not use it, but that's a good thing. As far as other tips...just enjoy yourself! There should be a great balance of swimming, relaxing, and sight-seeing. It's been my experience as a guest and as a guide that you can swim as much (or as little) as you'd like. You'll have a great time, I'm sure!
Children
No Data