2017 USMS OW championships

Hey Peeps - who out there has done any of these races in the past? Any tips? Anything you love/didn't like about these races and/or locations? 2017 U.S. Masters Swimming Open Water National Championships 6-9 Mile OW Nationals (7 miles) Swim Around Lido Key, Sarasota, Florida, April 22, 2017 9+ Mile OW Nationals (10 miles) Chattanooga, Tennessee, June 3, 2017 1-3 Mile OW Nationals (2.4 miles) Chattanooga, Tennessee, June 4, 2017 2-Mile Cable OW Nationals Foster Lake, Oregon, June 24, 2017 3-6 Mile OW Nationals (5K) Elk Lake, Oregon, July 30, 2017 1-Mile OW Nationals Angle Lake, Washington, September 23, 2017
Parents
  • Ohh, good info from both of you, thanks. David, let's keep in touch and if you do Chattanooga, it'd be great to meet. Same for you, Patrick. I feel like old friends already. :) So far, Chattanooga is on the radar, as is the Swim around Lido Key. The cold water of Oregon really scares me. I was looking at the temps yesterday and while the races sound like a lot of fast fun, I'd die from hypothermia. LOL! I get cold in our 80 degree pool, even with the bioprene I carry. :) Definitely more of a warm water racer. I'm definitely looking forward to trying to race at a higher level next year to see how I stack up. Should be fun. Will do. Now to decide whether I eye the 2.4 mile or the 10 mile.
  • Ohh, good info from both of you, thanks. David, let's keep in touch and if you do Chattanooga, it'd be great to meet. Same for you, Patrick. I feel like old friends already. :) So far, Chattanooga is on the radar, as is the Swim around Lido Key. The cold water of Oregon really scares me. I was looking at the temps yesterday and while the races sound like a lot of fast fun, I'd die from hypothermia. LOL! I get cold in our 80 degree pool, even with the bioprene I carry. :) Definitely more of a warm water racer. I'm definitely looking forward to trying to race at a higher level next year to see how I stack up. Should be fun. Will do. Now to decide whether I eye the 2.4 mile or the 10 mile.
Children
No Data