2017 USMS OW championships

Hey Peeps - who out there has done any of these races in the past? Any tips? Anything you love/didn't like about these races and/or locations? 2017 U.S. Masters Swimming Open Water National Championships 6-9 Mile OW Nationals (7 miles) Swim Around Lido Key, Sarasota, Florida, April 22, 2017 9+ Mile OW Nationals (10 miles) Chattanooga, Tennessee, June 3, 2017 1-3 Mile OW Nationals (2.4 miles) Chattanooga, Tennessee, June 4, 2017 2-Mile Cable OW Nationals Foster Lake, Oregon, June 24, 2017 3-6 Mile OW Nationals (5K) Elk Lake, Oregon, July 30, 2017 1-Mile OW Nationals Angle Lake, Washington, September 23, 2017
Parents
  • Hey Peeps - who out there has done any of these races in the past? Any tips? Anything you love/didn't like about these races and/or locations? 3-6 Mile OW Nationals (5K) Elk Lake, Oregon, July 30, 2017 I swam in Elk Lake in 2011, doing the 3K race as part of the great Cascade Lake swim series. I'd highly recommend this, particularly as you can get more for your swim-travel buck by grabbing up to 5 races over the weekend - www.comaswim.org/.../about.htm. In addition, Bend, Oregon was a GREAT town for a summer vacation. The only thing you gotta wrap your head around is not getting too freaked out about the water temperature when you see the snow in the background - forums.usms.org/attachment.php
  • Hey Peeps - who out there has done any of these races in the past? Any tips? Anything you love/didn't like about these races and/or locations? 3-6 Mile OW Nationals (5K) Elk Lake, Oregon, July 30, 2017 I swam in Elk Lake in 2011, doing the 3K race as part of the great Cascade Lake swim series. I'd highly recommend this, particularly as you can get more for your swim-travel buck by grabbing up to 5 races over the weekend - www.comaswim.org/.../about.htm. In addition, Bend, Oregon was a GREAT town for a summer vacation. The only thing you gotta wrap your head around is not getting too freaked out about the water temperature when you see the snow in the background - forums.usms.org/attachment.php
Children
No Data